There is simply nothing better than watching my students grow as musicians because I also get to see them develop their confidence, their determination, and their self expression. Most of all, I love guiding students through the process of self discovery and the joy of sharing what they have to offer with the world. The mentors I’ve had throughout my career have been so generous and inspirational. The opportunity to give back and continue the pursuit of excellence in our art is an honor and a privilege!
Kate Umble possesses the ability to identify the learning style that best fits her students. My son loves that Kate teaches a variety of repertoire, helping him understand classical and jazz music.
- Technical Studies for the Cornet
- Arban’s Complete Conservatory Method for Trumpet
- First Book of Practical Studies: Cornet and Trumpet
- Daily Drills and Technical Studies for Trumpet
- The Complete Solfeggi
- Carl Fischer Twenty-Seven Melodious And Rhythmical Exercises
In 2013, Kate was a founding member of Spark Brass, a group of professional musicians and educators from across the United States who have experienced the profound positive impact of music in our own lives and the lives of their students.